All single freshmen, sophomore, and junior students under the age of 21 not staying with parents or guardians must live in one of the residence halls, sharing together in this phase of the DCC community. Students desiring to live off campus must apply to the Vice President for Student Development.
New students must submit a complete Application for Housing.
Each air-conditioned room is designed for two or three students, with two-room suites sharing private bath and toilet facilities. The student furnishes linens, is responsible for the appearance and care of the room, and shares in the general housekeeping of the residence hall.
Televisions, microwaves, and refrigerators are allowed. If available, private rooms require permission of the Residence Director and will be at added expense.
A residence hall reservation and damage deposit of $150 is required to reserve a room. This deposit is used to defray the cost of unusual damage caused by improper care of the residence hall. A student can expect a full refund of the housing deposit following their final exit from the dorm if no damage has been incurred.
- Rooms are approximately 12’x16′. Rooms vary slightly in dimensions.
- Carpeted hallways with tiled rooms
- Central heat & air
- Coin operated laundry facilities
- Wireless internet covered by technology fee
- Refrigerators and crock pots are allowed
- Mini blinds on all windows
- TVs, video gaming systems, surround sound/home theater systems are allowed
- Pool table, foosball table (Newland Hall)
- Rooms arranged in suite design. 2 rooms (generally 4 occupants) share a bathroom
- Sink in each room
- Standard size twin beds
- TV room in lobbies, both upstairs and downstairs, with cable and DVD player
- The lobby in each dorm has a TV, DVD and VCR player. Satellite is also provided. In Newland Hall, the downstairs lobby also has a game area.
Resident Age Restriction
Newland and Winslow Halls
Newland Hall houses single male residents, and Winslow Hall houses primarily single female residents. The downstairs lounges in the residence halls are open to both males and females, but the hallways and rooms are restricted to the appropriate gender only. All access points to the residence halls remain locked at all times (except during scheduled move-in periods). A full-time Residence Director (R.D.) resides in the building and provides leadership to the residents. Three Resident Assistants (R.A.s) are also available to provide informational services to the residents. The residence halls also have upper classmen serving as small group leaders/mentors, especially leading in spiritual development.
Students under 21 years of age are required to reside on campus or with their parents/guardians. Students 21 years of age and older are permitted to reside off campus in accommodations of their choosing. Many property finders are available online to assist you in finding accommodations near the Farmers Branch, TX campus including: