GRADUATIONYOU MADE IT!
Commencement exercises will take place Friday, May 7, 2021 at 7 p.m. at Compass Christian Church
Compass Christian Church
Graduation Attire (for under the cap and gown)
Men: White shirt, tie, dark (black or navy) dress slacks, and dark dress shoes
Women: Dark (black or navy) dress or dress slacks and dark dress shoes
No denim, shorts, flip-flops or tennis shoes
Honor cords will be distributed at Compass Christian Church, prior to the class photo.
APPLYING FOR GRADUATION
Diplomas are not in the diplomas folders given at Commencement. The diplomas, along with other important graduate information, are distributed to the graduate only at the Registrar’s Table after the Recessional.
Ordering Duplicate Diplomas
Duplicate diplomas may be ordered by submitting a Diploma Re-order and payment to the Registrar.
Steps to Graduate
In addition to completion of the necessary hours of classroom work, candidates for graduation must complete the following conditions before graduation:
- The candidate must complete a Graduation Application two semesters prior to his/her planned graduation date and pay the graduation fee (non-refundable) the semester he or she plans to graduate.
- The candidate for the bachelor’s degree must have taken 30 of the last 42 hours of course work at Dallas Christian College. The Chair of the Department of the student’s major and the Vice President of Academic Affairs must approve in advance any course work not completed at DCC. The Academic Council may approve other special arrangements. Active duty service members and their spouses, including Reservists and National Guardsmen on active duty, will be exempted from the requirement of 30 of the last 42 hours.
- The candidate for the associate’s degree must have taken 15 of the last 26 hours of course work at Dallas Christian College. The Chair of the Department of the student’s major and the Vice President of Academic Affairs must approve in advance any course work not completed at DCC. The Academic Council may approve other special arrangements. Active duty service members and their spouses, including Reservists and National Guardsmen on active duty, will be exempted from the requirement of 15 of the last 26 hours.
- The candidate must have attained a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or above in work at Dallas Christian College.
- The candidate must have attained a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or above in the primary major.
- The candidate must have the approval of the faculty and the DCC Board of Trustees.
- The candidate must have fulfilled all obligations to the College, including Christian Service, student account, financial aid including exit counseling, library, and any other department of the College, including the academic department. All financial obligations and academic issues from previous terms must be resolved by April 1 before Commencement.
- The candidate must have completed all class work and assignments by the week before commencement.
- The candidate must have received one semester’s credit for Christian service (CHRS-1000 Developing Christian Influence) for each semester of six or more hours of enrollment at Dallas Christian College.
- The candidate must complete all departmental assessment exams selected by the Director of Institutional Effectiveness. Currently the departmental exams include the ETS Proficiency Profile, the ABHE Bible Exam, and the DCC Bible and Theology Exam. (Under special circumstances, students may apply for a waiver to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.)
Awards & Honors
Academic Honor Graduates
Students whose overall grade point average, based on both grades earned at Dallas Christian College courses and transferred courses, is 3.400 or better can graduate with one of the following distinctions:
- Summa cum laude
3.8 – 4.00 cumulative GPA
- Magna cum laude
3.6 – 3.79 cumulative GPA
- Cum laude
3.4 – 3.59 cumulative GPA
Biblical Studies Honor Graduates
Graduating students who have a 3.33-4.00 GPA in all of their Bible and theology courses (including transfer coursework). A minimum of 21 hours of biblical studies and theology courses must have been completed at DCC to be eligible.
Valedictorian and Salutatorian
The two graduating seniors with the highest cumulative GPA (3.4 or above) will be honored. These honors are based on no more than ten semesters of work toward the first bachelor’s degree, with at least 70 hours of coursework completed at DCC. (All transferable hours are included in the cumulative GPA.)
Dr. C.C. Crawford Merit Award
May be conferred upon a graduating senior who has achieved a 3.7 or better cumulative GPA, with at least 70 hours of coursework completed at DCC, who has contributed positively to campus life, who has demonstrated a willingness to serve and a cooperative attitude, and who demonstrates a strong inclination and aptitude toward ministry, whether vocational ministry or ministering through vocation. Recipients of this award are chosen by unanimous approval of the faculty. It is considered the highest student award given at Dallas Christian College.
|2019||Dr. Alvin Sanders||President & CEO||World Impact|
|2018||Dr. Cara Snyder||Faculty Emeritus||Dallas Christian College|
|2017||Dr. Rob Maupin||Missions Pastor||Compass Christian Church|
|2016||Dr. Greg Pruett||President||Pioneer Bible Translators|
|2015||Drew Sherman||Lead Pastor||Compass Christian Church|
|2014||Dr. Dusty Rubeck||Former President||Dallas Christian College|
|2013||Dr. Gerald Turner||President||Southern Methodist Universtiy|
|2012||Tommy Politz||Senior Pastor||Hillside Christian Church|
|2011||The Honorable Nathan Hecht||Texas Supreme Court Justice||Texas|
|2010||Del Harris||Former Coach||NBA|
|2009||Tom Leppert||Mayor||Dallas Texas|
|2008||Larry James||CEO||Central Dallas Ministries|
|2007||Harriet Miers||Former White House Council||White House|
|2006||Congressman Kenny Marchant||US Congressman||24th District of Texas|
|2005||Jud Wilhite||Minister||Henderson NV|
|2004||Mark Yarbrough||Executive Director||Dallas Theological Seminary|