CAREERS AT DCCCHANGE THE LIVES OF THOSE WHO WILL CHANGE THE WORLD
Reports To: Vice President of Enrollment Management
Work Schedule: Varies, some weekends/evenings
Amount of Travel Required: Heavy during specific times
Job Status: Full-Time, non-exempt
Positions Supervised: Student Worker
The Admission Counselor/Recruiter plays a key leadership role at Dallas Christian College. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, territory management, prospecting, recruitment and enrollment goal achievement, admissions office support, and overseeing additional areas of responsibility as needed to support enrollment team goals.
- Territory Management
- Recruit new students in a variety of venues including college fairs, church visits, high school visits, and other recruitment venues.
- Use a muti-channel approach to connect with prospective students and their influencers (youth workers, parents, high school officials, etc.).
- Work prospective students through the application process.
- Evaluate qualifications of applicants utilizing established admission standards, guidelines, and criteria. Submit evaluations and recommendations to the VP of Enrollment regarding admissibility of applicants.
- Recruit a specified number of students each semester, as goals are set by the VP of Enrollment.
- Meet with prospective students when they visit campus.
- Collaborate with DCC faculty in the recruitment of students.
- Recruitment Travel Planning
- Plan and coordinate travel arrangements
- Coordinate meetings with high schools, community colleges, churches, summer camps, para-church organizations, homeschool associations, and other recruitment venues
- Communicate with prospective students when traveling in their territory.
- Admissions Office Support
- Assist in on/off campus admissions events
- Assist the Campus Visit Coordinator in scheduling campus visits for your prospective students.
- Oversee business credit card monthly filing.
- Oversee each applicant file that is within your specified territory.
- Provide input on overall recruitment strategy for Dallas Christian College.
- Learn how to utilize Populi (CRM) to aid in your recruitment efforts.
- Additional Responsibilities
- Attend all admissions staff and Employee Meetings.
- When possible, with permission, attend Chapel with the student body.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Vice President of Enrollment.
We are a team of individuals who demonstrate energy, enthusiasm, professionalism, a sense of urgency, detail orientation, creativity, self-motivation, and strong relational skills. We take proud ownership of our responsibilities and our results.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; DCC alumnus preferred
Experience: Previous experience in sales or recruitment preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Computer Skills : Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, previous experience with, or ability to learn, a CRM system, & ability to learn accounts payable purchasing requests software
Other Requirements: excellent communication skills (verbal and written); ability to be a team player
Office environment and out-of-office at various recruitment venues
STATEMENT OF FAITH
All Trustees, employees, and any other persons acting as recognized representatives of Dallas Christian College shall be willing to affirm the following statement of faith:
“That the Bible, or Holy Scriptures, alone is the divinely inspired Word of God, and therein is contained the revelation of the deity of Jesus Christ, the plan of salvation for mankind, and the faith and work of the Church; furthermore, that the testimony of such Scriptures testifies to prophecy concerning His advent, virgin birth, miraculous life, blood atonement, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, and final return, and is expressly and historically true in the commonly accepted meaning of the terms; in addition, that the Church of the New Testament ought everywhere to be restored with its divine plan of admission: faith, repentance, and baptism, with consequent godly life; and finally, that the Scriptures are wholly sufficient to build the kingdom of God.”
To apply: Please send cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creative Writing, Developmental Reading and Writing, Developmental Algebra, College Mathmatics
Requirements for adjunct teaching are 1) minimum of a master’s degree and 2) minimum of 18 graduate hours in the area taught.
Required documents: 1) completed Adjunct Teaching Employment Application, 2) resume/bio, and 3) unofficial transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate work.
Please send all documents to Annette Esclavon. You can fax the documents to her attention at 972-241-8021, scan/e-mail the documents to her at email@example.com, or mail the documents to her attention at Dallas Christian College, 2700 Christian Parkway, Dallas, TX 75234
Once received, documentation will be given to the appropriate department chair. The applicant will be contacted by the department chair at such time as there is a possible instructor assignment. At that time, further documentation will be required.