- To apply for any financial assistance, you must first complete the DCC Scholarship Application for NEW STUDENTS or the Scholarship Application for RETURNING STUDENTS.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- All academic scholarships, grants, and participation awards are for tuition only. Excess funding may not be carried over to the next academic year.
- All scholarships, grants, and participation awards require a minimum GPA of 2.0 to be received or renewed unless otherwise stated.
- Must be enrolled full-time.
- A student may receive only one academic scholarship.
- Grants and participation awards may be added to academic scholarships as long as they do not exceed tuition costs for each semester.
- Transfer or current students with less than 30 hours of college credit will be assessed for academic scholarships by their ACT/SAT score and college GPA. If you have accumulated at least 30 hours of college credit, the college GPA will be the basis for the academic scholarship.
Developing Christian Influence Scholarship
The Developing Christian Influence Scholarship is awarded to students who have demonstrated a commitment to their Christian faith through service in their schools, churches, and communities, and who possess a track record of academic success.
To be considered for DCIS, prospective students must have completed the admissions process. Although the scholarship does not require any additional information, applicants may submit any of the following for evidence of church involvement, community service, and academic ability:
• Completed DCC General Scholarship Application.
• An essay summarizing the applicants ministry experience, goals, and academic interests. (Try to be as specific as possible, avoiding generalizations).
• A letter of recommendation from a church official (full or part-time persons serving in a ministry capacity who can attest to the applicants commitment to Christ).
• Video essay (Please no more than 5 minutes)
• Copy of sermon or speech
• Contact an admission counselor to request other options
Applicants who choose to reside on campus will receive priority. Recipients must maintain a 2.5 GPA.
The President’s Scholarship is a $12,000 to $16,000 scholarship awarded over eight consecutive semesters. Awards range from $3,000 to $4,000 per year for up to four years and are based on the following:
• Grade-point average (minimum of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale)
• College entrance scores (minimum ACT 28 or SAT 1240 combined math and reading only)
• Personal references from the admissions application
• Essay from Dallas Christian College Financial Aid/Scholarship Application Recipients must maintain a 3.5 cumulative GPA and remain in good social standing with the College. A limited number of President’s Scholarships are available each year.
Transfer Academic Scholarships
Transfer Scholarship applicants must have a minimum of 24 transferable college credits and have been out of High School for a minimum period of two semesters (one academic year). Transfer students are eligible for Transfer Academic Scholarships only. Students who transfer to Dallas Christian College may be eligible for one of the following four scholarships awarded over two consecutive semesters (GPA based on 4.0 scale):
• Transfer Honors Scholarship
3.8 â€“ 4.0 GPA On campus: $5,500 Off campus: $3,500
• Transfer Scholarship
3.5 â€“ 3.79 GPA On campus: $4,500 Off campus: $2,500
• Transfer Scholarship
3.0 â€“ 3.49 GPA On campus: $3,500 Off campus: $2,000
• Transfer Scholarship
2.5 â€“ 2.99 GPA On campus: $2,500 Off Campus: $1,000
A limited number of Transfer Honors Scholarships are available each year. Recipients must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA and remain in good social standing with the College.
For more information regarding DCC scholarships please refer to the Student Catalog.
Bible Bowl Scholarship
Students who qualify for any of the following Bible Bowl categories will be eligible for scholarships. Copies of Bible Bowl certificates must be presented to the Financial Aid Office to receive this award. Students who receive multiple Bible Bowl awards may only apply for one scholarship per year.
- National Level: For students on any of the top five teams nationally or scoring among the top ten on the national Individual Achievement Test, awards range from $8,000 to $ 16,000 over four years, $2,000 to $4,000 per year for four years. This award is also based on high-school GPA and the general scholarship requirements of Dallas Christian College. A minimum of $8,000 over four years is awarded, based on all of the criteria.
- Regional Level: For students who are All-Stars or who take first place on a regional Individual Achievement Test, this is an award of $6,000 over four years, $1,500 per year for four years.
- Local Level: For students who have the highest cumulative score for the year on their local Individual Achievement Tests, this is an award of $4,000 over four years, $1,000 per year for four years.
Bible Bowl Participation
Students who have participated in at least three years of Bible Bowl will receive $1,000 a year for four years. Certificates must be presented to the Financial Aid Office for verification. Maximum award is $1,000 per academic year per award.
Students will receive $1,000 a year for each year they have attended SALTeens. Certificates must be presented to the Financial Aid Office for verification. Maximum award is $1,000 per academic year per award.
Area Women’s Retreat Scholarship
For female students who have attended Dallas Christian College at least one semester, this is awarded by the Area Women’s Retreat. Applications and awards are made in the spring. Applicants are required to attend the spring Area Women’s Retreat. Contact the Financial Aid Office for separate application.
Awarded to a student who demonstrates Christian character and leadership consistent with the Dallas Christian College mission. Student must be at least a rising sophomore who has completed one full semester at DCC. Student must possess and maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
Chapel Hills Christian Church Scholarship
The Chapel Hills Christian Church Scholarship is awarded in the spring semester for the upcoming school year to a student who has completed at least 12 semester hours with a 2.5 GPA. The award is for one year, one half applied each semester. The student must complete the fall semester having taken at least 12 semester hours with a 2.5 semester GPA to receive the scholarship for the spring semester. Any funds not used will be retained in the scholarship fund to be awarded at a later time.
Christian Ministry Scholarship
This scholarship was established in the spirit of II Timothy 4:2, “Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke, and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.” It is awarded to a full-time male student who is at least a rising junior who has completed one full semester at DCC. He must have expressed a career goal of full-time Christian ministry (preaching, youth and family, or intercultural studies), and must possess and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Marilyn Foggin Scholarship
In memory of Marilyn Foggin. Recipient must have a 2.5 GPA, be a female, have attended Dallas Christian College at least one year, be planning to enter vocational Christian service, and show Christian leadership.
Kory Ford Memorial Scholarship
Students must apply for this scholarship specifically including a 500-word essay on the topic, “How can my life be an influence like that of Mordecai or Esther.” Student must be in good standing and have a GPA of 2.5 or better.
William O. Gaslin Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to a full-time male student seeking a degree in preaching ministry. Student must be an active member of an Independent Christian Church or Church of Christ. Student must be at least a rising Junior and must have completed one full semester at Dallas Christian College. Student must possess and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
Henry Halff Scholarship
For a male or female sophomore majoring in cross-cultural missions. The student must maintain a 2.5 GPA. This scholarship was established by Central Christian Church, Richardson, Texas, in memory of Henry Halff.
Les Hoyt Scholarship
Presented to a student who will be at least a sophomore and who demonstrates Christian leadership in the school, church, and community. A minimum GPA of 2.5 is required. This scholarship is designated in memory of Les Hoyt by Evie Rubeck.
Dennis James Morgan Scholarship
For male students entering a vocational Christian ministry, this scholarship is based on need. The student must maintain a 2.5 GPA. In memory of their son, Mr. and Mrs. William J. Morgan have designated this scholarship for a male student who displays potential for success in Christian ministry
Daniel L. Pinney Scholarship
For students planning to enter the mission field or full-time Christian ministry, this scholarship is based on financial need. The student must be at least a 29 sophomore and demonstrate Christian leadership. In memory of Daniel L. Pinney, beloved husband and father, Mrs. Dawn O’Banion has designated that this scholarship be awarded annually.
Myron and Eleanor Reichardt Memorial Scholarship
For a rising sophomore who has completed a minimum of one full semester at Dallas Christian College. The student must possess and maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA and be in good social and academic standing.
Edward Schorstein Scholarship
For a student who has a history of mentoring others. Must be at least a rising Sophomore with a Christian character consistent with the Dallas Christian College education purpose. Student must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
Bob and Carol Smith Memorial Scholarship
For a male or female sophomore planning to enter the Christian ministry. Recipients must maintain a 2.5 GPA. Awarded each spring semester to qualified students, this scholarship is in memory of Bob and Carol Smith.
Roy Wheeler Scholarship
For a student who is majoring in pastoral ministry. Must have Christian character consisted with the Dallas Christian College education purpose. Student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher and be in good social standing. Priority is given to Texas residents.
Wallace and Marjory Worley Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to students who demonstrate strong potential in the field of education. The award is for one year, with one half received each semester.
SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH ENGINES
Students in search of financial aid to pay for college may find some of the links here useful. This information is provided for informational purposes only. Inclusion does not constitute endorsement. Neither the Office of Student Financial Services nor Dallas Christian College can guarantee the accuracy or the timeliness of information found at any of the links above. It is critical that students verify information, particularly where deadlines are concerned.
Don’t fall for scholarship scams! According to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), many unscrupulous companies make guarantees or unrealistic promises in exchange for advance fees, weekly or monthly fees, or personal information, such as checking account numbers or credit card numbers. Don’t fall for it! Remember: While there are legitimate companies or services that require a sign up fee, no legitimate company can guarantee or promise a scholarship! The Scholarship Fraud Prevention Act of 2000 created a fraud-awareness partnership between the U.S. Department of Education and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). For information about scholarship scams or to report a scam, call the FTC toll free 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357) or go to the Scholarship Scams web site.