Welcome to Dallas Christian College
Dallas Christian College strives to meet the educational needs of an increasingly diverse student body and to encourage leadership of churches and Christian organizations.
Dallas Christian College educates and mentors students to be people of influence, engaging in their calling to the work of Christ in the Church and in the world.
Empowered by God’s strength and guidance, Dallas Christian College looks toward a future in which the College thrives in order to better accomplish her mission. What does it look like to thrive? DCC’s vision to thrive includes five points.
1. Becoming and being perceived by the Church (especially the Restoration Movement churches in the Southwest) as an integral part of the disciple-making ministry of the Church.
2. Becoming a financially-strong college, through stable and diverse revenue streams (enrollment, donation, and auxiliary revenue sources).
3. Expanding and positioning programs (academic and co-curricular) to be viable and sustainable beyond governmental and accreditation recognition.
4. Demonstrably making a significant (qualitatively and quantitatively) impact in strategic areas of Kingdom and Great Commission work through the effective ministries and careers of alumni.
5. Collaborating and partnering with churches, para-church ministries, and Christian colleges and universities, to expand the mission and increase the effectiveness of DCC, and mutually strengthen it and partner organizations.
“Educating and mentoring … This distinctive combination provides a dynamic environment where you will grow academically and spiritually toward a life of influence.”
Our mission is to educate and mentor students to be people of influence, engaging in their calling to the work of Christ in the Church and in the world. To fulfill it, we have created a unique blend of programs to equip you for your chosen field of service. There are only a few colleges anywhere in the world who can match this robust blend of educating and mentoring at the level which we have created.
The academic programs DCC offers combine excellent professors, a strong biblical foundation, and opportunities for supervised experience. Our mentoring programs begin in the classroom and permeate all student activities, from academic tutoring and life coaching to spiritual formation and professional development.
This distinctive combination provides a dynamic environment where you will grow academically and spiritually toward a life of influence.
Within these pages are the answers to many of your questions about the programs at DCC. I look forward to you exploring these programs and joining this great community.
May God bless your days at Dallas Christian College.
In His Service,
Dr. Brian D. Smith
The ABHE is recognized as a national, institutional accrediting agency for Christian colleges by the United States Office of Education (USOE), the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), the successor of the Council on Postsecondary Education (COPA), and subsequently the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation (CORPA), and the Coordinating Board of the Texas College and University System.
Statement of Faith
All trustees, faculty members, and other persons acting as recognized representatives of this institution shall be willing sincerely to affirm and contend for the following statement:
That the Bible or Holy Scriptures alone is the divinely inspired Word of God, and therein is contained the revelation of the deity of Jesus Christ, the plan of salvation for mankind, and the faith and work of the Church; furthermore, that the testimony of such Scriptures testifies to prophecy concerning His advent, virgin birth, miraculous life, blood atonement, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, and final return, and is expressly and historically true in the commonly accepted meaning of the terms; in addition, that the Church of the New Testament ought everywhere to be restored with its divine plan of admission: faith, repentance, and baptism, with consequent godly life; and finally, that the Scriptures are wholly sufficient to build the kingdom of God.
The college’s biblically-oriented and Christ-centered instruction emphasizes spiritual concerns, loyalty to the historic ideals of the Restoration Movement, and the unity of all Christians.