Website White Rock Center of Hope
Providing hope with love
About White Rock Center of Hope
White Rock Center of Hope (est. 1988) is an East Dallas non-profit organization that provides basic needs (Food Pantry, Clothing Closet, and Financial Assistance) and personalized empowerment (Financial and Employment) for more than 6,000 neighbors each year.
Mission: Cultivating hope through basic needs and personalized empowerment.
Vision: An East Dallas where all thrive.
Values: Faith. Relationship. Compassion.
The Neighbor Services Manager (TEMPORARY) manages the day-to-day operations of White Rock Center of Hope’s neighbor programs and services from April 3, 2023, through July 28, 2023. This role includes significant volunteer management, including training, supporting, and recognizing volunteers who deliver neighbor programs and services.
This temporary position is 17 weeks in duration. The Neighbor Services Manager (TEMPORARY) will work Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The Neighbor Services Manager (TEMPORARY) reports to the Executive Director; supervises a full-time Sr. Food Pantry Associate and dozens of volunteers in Neighbor Services (Food Pantry, Clothing Closet, Receptionist, Interviewers, Data Entry, and Day Coordinators); and works closely with other WRCH team members, staff, and volunteers.
Program & Services Leadership – 20%
· Manage mission-driven neighbor services and programs staffed primarily by volunteers.
· Meet neighbor services goals as established by the Director of Neighbor Services; Hold self-accountable for results.
· Oversee the overall maintenance and general housekeeping of all neighbor spaces, reporting all issues requiring repair by outside vendors to Director of Operations.
· Manage ongoing relationships with community partners and key vendors.
· Perform front-line neighbor programs and service roles as needed.
· Oversee the ordering of materials and supplies necessary to provide neighbor programs and services.
· Effectively utilize software including Apricot, ADP, Care Message, Excel, and Outlook, providing technical support as needed to volunteer regarding the same.
· Approve and submit all financial assistance check requests in a timely manner for payment.
· Submit internal and external monthly reports as assigned.
People Leadership – 70%
· Oversee neighbor services volunteer program for individuals and groups in support of Neighbor Services programs.
· Provide role specific training and support for all new volunteers.
· Lead training of Neighbor Services volunteers, including job tasks, customer service, policies, procedures, and safety.
· Develop relationships with volunteers.
· Assist with organization wide volunteer onboarding, recognition, and training.
· Responsible for volunteer, neighbor, and community partner well-being and safety.
· Facilitate scheduled Neighbor Services Volunteer meetings as assigned.
General – 10%
· Promote WRCH culture.
· Participate in WRCH staff meetings and events.
· Perform other related duties as requested.
· Embrace the mission and vision of WRCH, and model WRCH values.
· Knowledge of non-profit social services.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent leadership skills.
· Excellent technology skills. CRM administration experience preferred.
· Passion for advocating on behalf of marginalized, high need and low-income neighbors.
· Christian faith background and ability to use Christ-centered concepts in the workplace.
· Experience in social services, including direct delivery experience.
· 3+ years of experience in leadership positions.
· Volunteer management is strongly preferred.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume and a letter of interest to Dr. Greg Smith, Executive Director – firstname.lastname@example.org and included the job title in the subject line.
To apply for this job please visit whiterockcenterofhope.org.