Website Shepherd's Grove Presbyterian Church
Job Title: Strategic Communications Specialist
Short Description: The go-to for all communications needs for Shepherd’s Grove Church (SGP)
Salary Range: $20-25 per hour
Job Status: Full time, non-exempt
Reports To: Director of Communications
Date: November 2022
Position Summary: The Strategic Communications Specialist is the go-to for all communications needs for Shepherd’s Grove (SGP). This individual is a highly motivated and organized self-starter with a passion for project management, a knack for writing compelling content, and a heart for collaborating with a creative team. A devoted follower of Jesus and lover of His Kingdom, this individual is called to full-time ministry and has a special affection for SGP and Hour of Power with Bobby Schuller.
General Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Manage SGP communications projects from start to finish, ensuring that all copy, collateral, and digital promotion is complete and of the highest caliber.
Act as a liaison to pastors and offer support that enables them to effectively promote various initiatives and events.
Maintain up-to-date knowledge of local church happenings and communicate them to appropriate members of the marketing and production teams.
Write compelling copy for SGP events blog, bi-weekly e-news, and weekly micro-bulletin.
Manage SGP email marketing in MailChimp, exploring new ways to connect with our congregation via email.
Streamline and manage the look and feel of our SG Connect e-news and weekly micro-bulletin.
Work closely with webmaster to keep content current and updated on SGP.church. Be the potential point person for a redesign of SGP.church and develop content as requested.
Work closely with graphic designer and social media coordinator to execute appropriate promotion of church events. Inform them of the needs of each project and collaborate with them on timely and excellent production.
Work with graphic designer to maintain the weekly pre-service slide loop, making sure it’s updated and current.
Take photos and video at weekend services and special events, as requested.
Collaborate with donor services and accounting to ensure that all fees collected at church events are properly accounted for.
Maintain church project calendar.
Keep abreast of the most current trends in church communications, share them with the team, and consistently look for ways to implement fresh ideas.
Job Skills & Requirements:
· Skilled in photography
· Relational, willing to initiate conversations with all types of people.
· Passionate about building relationships and connecting people within the ministries.
· Enjoys working with others in a team environment
· Active focus on supporting positive relationships; treating people with dignity, respect, integrity and/or compassion.
· Flexible to meet the requirements of the department and overall ministry.
· Must be able to effectively organize and prioritize daily tasks with varied deadlines.
· Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously with competing time and priority demands.
· Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
· Understanding of Christian ministry and specifically Crystal Cathedral Ministries is desirable.
· Has the ability to adapt quickly and effectively in time sensitive situations.
· Knowledge of Asana project management software
· Familiarity with MailChimp, Adobe Creative Suite, and WordPress desired
· Available to work on the weekends and openness to attend service or have attended.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2829
To apply for this job please visit justchurchjobs.com.