Website Life Community Church
Life Community Church
LifeKids Children’s Pastor Job Description
LifeKids KidCity Pastor
Summary of Position: To provide leadership and direction over all aspects of children’s ministry from birth to 5th grade, insuring an atmosphere of vibrant teaching and discipleship.
Salary commensurate to qualifications and experience.
– Sunday 8:00am through end of morning services
– Part Time: 2 Days per week in the office
– Full Time: Monday-Thursday, 9-5pm, this would include the Toddler Town Director position
– Open availability to work evenings/off days as needed for special projects/events
Skills & Qualifications:
– Heart for children
– Great relational skills, ability to contact/communicate effectively to volunteers & staff, give direction
– to volunteers
– Skilled in effective speaking with children/adults.
Knowledge in the use of sound, lighting, computers, video projection, and other
– programs concerning structured services or willingness to learn
Apple Computer capability; programs such as Pages & Numbers, with aptitude to learn new
– software and systems
– Spirit of cooperation
– Willing to face change
– Willingness to “lend a hand” when needed
– Teachable spirit
– Focuses on issues and finding solutions
– Exercises confidentiality
– Promotes positive relationships among staff
– Proficient written and verbal communication skills
– Strong time-management skills and multitasking ability
CPR certified a plus
– Passed background check
– Must maintain an active growing relationship with Jesus Christ, show spiritual growth,
– make disciples/be a mentor,
– Be an active participant in Life Community Church family & attend a LifeGroup
Read and use as a reference the ‘LCC Employee Handbook’
Page 1 of 3
– Read and use as a reference the ‘LCC Field Guide’ (ministry guide to LCC)
– Read and use as a reference the ‘KidCity LifeCrew Field Guide’ (ministry guide to KidCity)
– Complete Planning Center University and utilize its tools
– All Staff must be a member or become a member of Life Community Church, by attending Discover
Life, our membership class, upon employment.
General Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
– Sit/stand for long periods of time
– Occasionally kneel, or crouch
– The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
• Serve as KidCity Pastor in all worship services that offer children’s classes for LCC. This may increase with more service times added, Wednesday services, and/or special events.
• Maintain organization standards and systems in place (details in the ‘LCC Field Guide’) • Recruitment of Staff & Volunteers (LifeCrew)
-Run background checks on volunteers
-Learn and utilize Planning Center tools, such as Services, which schedules volunteers -Prepare for V-Day (Volunteer Day)
• Training of Staff & Volunteers
-Team building and leadership development -Volunteer appreciation
-Continual development of volunteers
Maintain all LifeKid security standards for pick up and drop off, check-in system, background checks
Provide pastoral care for the families of LCC/members within scope of influence.
Maintain calendar and enter all KidCity events into LCC calendar & Planning Center calendar
Promote LifeKid events through social media, emails to parents, texts
Prepare weekly lesson plan for any/all children’s classes and do so with theological accuracy
Maintaining classrooms includes but not limited to: keeping Kid Supply closet clean and place back
items that you’ve used. Clean & declutter classrooms on a weekly basis; organize all work areas
including personal work space to keep it professional, and clear for weekly office cleaning.
Perform any task assigned by Senior Pastor or direct oversight.
Attend any meetings required
Actively work with Senior Pastor, the executive pastor and other departments to further the vision of
LCC. This includes services, themes, events, shared goals and shared resources.
Communicate regularly with parents through various streams of contact, such as sending out a
monthly KidCity email, sending occasional text reminders for events, and posting regularly in the KidCity Facebook Group
Events responsible for planning & promoting. This list isn’t all inclusive.
Page 2 of 3 Updated 12/21
– Kid’s Summer Camp
– End of Summer/Back to School Bash
– Harvest Fest/Fall Event
– Eggstravaganza/Easter Egg Hunt (Palm Sunday)
– Kid’s Christmas Party
– Kid’s Christmas performance
This job description is subject to change and is not designed to cover or contain entire list of policy & procedure. Other duties may be assigned as necessary. See and refer to the ‘ LCC Employee Handbook’ and ‘LCC Field Guide’ for more details of how LCC functions.
This is to certify that I have received a copy & understand this specific job description assigned to me as the KidCity Pastor of Life Community Church. I acknowledge the Senior Pastor & your oversight has the right to add any/all necessary tasks to this job description at any time.
Life Community Church does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law as it applies to churches. However, Life Community Church does discriminate on the basis of religion.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1610
To apply for this job please visit justchurchjobs.com.