Website FORGE Church - Launching April 2023
Praise and Worship Director Job Description
The Praise and Worship Director is a 15 – 20 hour per week position that will lead and oversee our praise and worship ministry. This person will work with the pastoral team to create God-glorifying worship that invites ALL PEOPLE to worship and surrender their life to the lordship of Jesus Christ.
Work with pastoral team to plan worship services. This includes choosing songs and helping to create the order of worship for each service.
Choose arrangements of songs and ensure all praise and worship team members have what they need to fully participate.
Teach and introduce new songs (6-12 per year) to the congregation, chosen in coordination with the pastoral team.
Make schedules for all praise and worship teams, sound, and projection. Include special services (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc.) in the schedule when applicable.
Schedule all musicians and ensure they are available and prepared!
Create an intergenerational, multi-ethnic praise and worship team by creating and inviting ALL PEOPLE with the appropriate skill level to participate.
Lead the congregation in worship on Sunday morning and at other worship services or equip a praise and worship team member to lead.
Lead and/or oversee mid-week and Sunday morning rehearsals. This includes finding times to train and equip musicians to improve their technical skill and understanding of worship.
Meet weekly with the pastoral team.
Attend staff meetings and 1:1 meetings as scheduled.
Prepare Pro-presenter Slides and other AV items needed for worship.
Set up platform and determine lighting for sanctuary each week.
Oversee our music diet and library. This includes maintaining a record of when we sing each song. We want to create a worship experience that is intergenerational and multi-ethnic. This means that songs will be from various genres and styles. This also means that it will be a mixture of psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs. All songs selected must be approved by the pastoral staff. Songs must focus on worshipping the uncreated creator and making much of Jesus Christ.
Oversee our worship technology (AV, Lighting, etc.) and keep it up to date, including sound board, sanctuary computer, projector, and projection software. Oversee our instruments (piano, drums, guitars, etc.) and plan for maintenance, upkeep, or new purchases.
Renew technology licenses each year (CCLI, SongSelect, etc.) and take care of annual reporting requirements.
Work with the pastor to identify areas of professional growth, commit to taking regular steps to grow in knowledge or skills related to this position.
1. The Praise and Worship Director is responsible to the Pastor and the Session.
Have a demonstratable authentic, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Ability to lead worship from an instrument (piano or guitar preferred).
Have a working knowledge of Reformed worship and theology, or a willingness to learn.
Have a working knowledge of sound and projection technologies, or a willingness to learn.
Have a working knowledge of lighting, or a willingness to learn.
Ability to plan and keep multiple services and schedules organized.
Ability to work well with praise and worship team members, encouraging, supporting, and investing in them.
MUST desire to help in other ways and be part of a team.
A degree in worship arts or other seminary degree is not required but preferred.
Hours and Salary
1. The Praise and Worship Director will be paid a salary agreed upon by the Praise and Worship Director and the Session of FORGE Church. He or she should work an average of 15 – 20 hours per week.
1. The Praise and Worship Director will not be expected to be present for up to six Sunday morning worship services during the year. For four of those services the Praise and Worship Director will be expected to perform their usual planning and coordination duties with the pastoral team. For two of those services, the Praise and Worship Director will not be expected to perform any weekly duties or planning. The time off will be approved and coordinated with the pastor. Unused paid time off at the end of the year will not roll over to the next year or be paid as additional compensation.
1. The pastor will conduct a yearly evaluation with-in quarterly goal accomplishment check-ins.
Contact: Pastor Eric Shipton
About FORGE Church
Mission and Vision:
1. A movement for ALL PEOPLE to EXPLORE and EXERCISE faith in JESUS CHRIST.
2. We are a movement for ALL PEOPLE that seeks to glorify God by surrendering to Jesus, making disciple-making disciples who are unleashed to transform our communities.
2116 McKnight Mill Road
Greensboro, NC 27405
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2879
To apply for this job please visit justchurchjobs.com.