Website First EPC Frankfort
Title: Director of Worship (Part Time Salaried Position)
Position Overview: The Director of Worship will support the ministry of the church at FEPC by developing and implementing worship opportunities for the congregation with special emphasis given to the Sunday morning service.
About FEPC: FEPC is a strong evangelical congregation in Frankfort, a small town in central Indiana. We are a multi-generational, mission-minded congregation with deep roots in the community. Our worship service incorporates praise, contemporary, and traditional style music with this end goal: to glorify God and edify His people.
Assist in the planning & leading of the Sunday morning worship service
Choose music that is theologically consistent with EPC doctrine
Schedule and lead practice sessions with pianist, musicians and vocal choirs as necessary
Coordinate with sound and media technicians in regards to weekly service needs
Coordinate preparation of slides necessary for congregational singing
Work with Pastor and Staff to develop a weekly flow sheet and worship bulletin
Participate as needed in other worship opportunities in the life of the church, which may include, but are not limited to: Christmas Eve, Maundy Thursday or other Holy Week services, funerals, weddings, retreats, etc.
Recruit and rehearse with those who provide special music
Oversee maintenance of instruments, equipment, and music
Coordinate tuning for piano and organ
Maintain copyright and CCLI reporting and licensing
Participate in monthly Worship, Planning, and Staff meetings
· Affirms the EPC’s ‘Essentials of our Faith’ without exception (https://epc.org/about/beliefs/)
· Articulates a sense of calling to serve the Lord as the Director of Worship
· Strong competency and skillset in the musical arts
· Strong competency in leading congregational worship and worship teams
· Communicates well with leadership, volunteers, and congregation
· Competency with current worship software or ability/willingness to learn
· Vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
· Spiritual gifts of leadership and administration
· Passion to lead others in Spirit filled worship
· Reports to Head of Staff
· Four Sundays off per year
· Works approximately 15 hours per week
· Starting yearly salary $15,000
Send an email to Pastor Kurth at Kelly@fepcfrankfort.org for further information, questions, or to apply. If applying, please submit a resume and letter of reference from a Pastor at your most recent church.
You can also view our website at http://www.fepcfrankfort.org/ or Facebook page at First Evangelical Presbyterian Church of Frankfort.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2079
To apply for this job please visit justchurchjobs.com.