Website First Christian Church of Plano
First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Plano, Texas, is an historic, downtown congregation. We are seeking an individual with a love for children and a desire to see them grow in faith. We are looking to grow our Children and Family Ministry in the next 3-5 years. We hope to find someone who is ready to bring their energy and creativity to work alongside our ministerial staff. You might be just the right person!
Title: Coordinator of Children and Family Ministry
The Coordinator of Children and Family Ministry is a part-time position who is responsible to lead the ministry that reaches and develops children (ages birth through fifth grade) and families. Working together with the professional and volunteer children’s ministry staff, he/she will lead, promote, and oversee the spiritual formation of children. He/she will also be responsible to teach and assist parents in the development of biblical parenting skills so that families are nurtured in their endeavor to parent and lead their children into Christ-likeness.
Nursery Coordinator, Worship and Wonder Leaders, Children’s Sunday School Teachers, Children’s Ministry volunteers.
The Senior Minister for supervision and review (including an annual evaluation).
1. Relationships – Develop relationships with the children and families of the church
2. Programs – This position will lead some programs, coordinate others (led by lay people), with room to develop new creative ideas of their own
Lead – Logos (a monthly Sunday evening program, working alongside Youth Minister), Baptism Class (annually, working with pastoral staff), other teaching/ministry as needed
Coordinate – Worship and Wonder program (led by a core team of members), Sunday School (taught by members), Christmas Eve Family Service, Night in Bethlehem (annually, recruit and organize members), VBS (recruit and work with directors), Summer Camps (disseminate registration info, etc.), Nursery Ministry (oversee Nursery Director for Sunday morning nursery).
Plan/organize events around the church calendar to engage the children and families in mission, service, and recreation.
3. Worship – Children’s Moment on Sunday mornings, other aspects of worship aimed at children (i.e. Family Sunday, special events like Easter, etc.)
4. Recruit – Identify, encourage, and equip members to serve as volunteers according to their gifts. This will include ongoing training for existing participants as well as new leaders
5. Pastoral – Visit children and families in times of crisis (along with pastoral staff)
6. Staff – Attend weekly staff meetings, monthly Cabinet/Education Team meetings, Board meetings (as needed), other special planning meetings (VBS, Night in Bethlehem, etc., as needed)
7. Other – Maintain and uphold all church policies including child safety, maintain calendar for children’s events, facilitate communication around events, evaluate and evolve ministries, and other duties as assigned
1. Committed believer in Jesus Christ
2. A deep genuine love for children and families
3. Spiritual gifts relevant to leadership of this ministry
4. Prior experience working with children and families
5. A sound knowledge of scripture
6. Ability to teach effectively and apply scriptural principles to all areas of the ministry
7. A desire for personal and professional development in order to become a more effective leader of children and families
8. Flexibility to work with the Education Ministry Team, ministerial staff, and Church Board
9. Ability to delegate
10. Strong organizational skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, basic computer literacy (Microsoft Office)
This is a part-time, salaried position. Approximately 25 hours average per week, which include the Sunday morning traditional service, Sunday School, meetings, and other times as determined by the Senior Minister
The salary range for this position will be $24,000-$28,000 annually. This position does not include benefits (i.e. paid time off, insurance, retirement, etc.)
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to Kyle Dennis (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “ATTN: Coordinator of Children and Family Ministry” in the subject line.
Deadline for Applying:
December 15, 2019
Questions? Contact Kyle Dennis (Senior Minister) at 972-423-3260 or email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org