Website Fall Creek Church
The Worship Director at Fall Creek Church aims to lead people to worship Christ corporately and to equip them to embrace a lifestyle of worship that, by God’s grace, influences every area of life. The Worship Director oversees the Worship Ministry at FCC, which utilizes music relevant to current cultural trends as means of engaging people with timeless, biblical truths. The Worship ministry is committed to helping achieve the overall mission of the church: Building relationships that lead people to become passionate Christ followers who produce passionate Christ followers.
To facilitate passionate, Father-glorifying, Christ-exalting, Holy Spirit-empowering worship within the generations of people that comprise FCC with the aim of mobilizing them to deeper growth and devotion and expansive outreach.
A disciple of Jesus Christ who personifies a growing relationship with Him and demonstrates a genuine love and passion for serving the Lord
An individual that ascribes to What We Believe at Fall Creek Church
A person who pursues the heart of God in personal worship
An ability to lead and draw people into corporate worship that is reverent and filled with rejoicing
An appreciation for and ability to lead music that relates to all generational groups, using a contemporary music style
Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
Demonstrates an attitude of servant leadership and humility
An ability to recruit, develop and shepherd those involved in the worship ministry
A strong upfront leader with vocal gifts and abilities to create a worship environment that touches the heart of the believer, appeals to the head, and draws people to Christ (John 4)
Skilled instrumentalist (keyboard and/or guitar) with a practical understanding of music
Knowledge of audio, video and other technical areas with ability to recruit, train and shepherd tech team members
The ability to work with video equipment and editing software
A humble attitude/willingness to be discipled/mentored by Senior Staff
A team player who is comfortable leading teams
Ability to think conventionally and “outside the box”
A growing believer who has followed through in believer’s baptism
A degree from a Christian college and/or seminary, preferred not required
Willingness to heartily agree with FCC’s doctrine and mission
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Oversee and provide direction for all musical groups and musicians at FCC.
· Identify, train, mentor and shepherd a new generation of musicians and worship leaders. Set an environment and expectation for personal spiritual development among team members.
· Establish a creative planning process to design worship and other special outreach services. Consult with pastoral staff regarding the topic, selection of music, and special elements for each service.
· Recruit, train and shepherd sound/video techs and implement necessary changes in system and auditorium to increase participation.
· Lead, build deep relationships and communicate effectively with tech and musical lay staff.
· Lead the musical aspects of corporate worship:
· Select and prepare all music, develop song sets, incorporating theological truth and depth with a focus on contemporary worship
· Rehearse, coordinate and lead worship teams
· Coordinate music with the sound and computer technicians
· Schedule all special music and all personnel for services
· Able to write and transpose musical transitions and compositions
· Able and willing to adjust musical style to remain sensitive to the congregation and simultaneously relevant to cultural music trends/techniques
· Promote the worship life of the church:
· Develop and implement the church’s music vision
· Encourage congregational participation
· recruit and shepherd singers, musicians, and technical personnel
· work at ways to equip parents to incorporate a lifestyle of worship in their homes
· Provide oversight for the technical needs of the church:
· Capable of troubleshooting, repairing, connecting and dealing with church sound equipment and musician’s personal equipment
· Create ProPresenter (or similar program) presentations, including edits
· Perform cabling and equipment repairs
· Research better techniques and equipment to implement in order to improve the Sunday morning experience, as budget allows.
· Regularly update the stage design to help “create a mood” that is reverent, engaging, exciting, and complimentary to the overall Sunday experience.
· Oversee and manage music ministry administrative requirements:
Utilize software and other tools to expedite scheduling and planning (like Planning Center)
Develop and coordinate the music ministry calendar with musicians and tech personnel
Show flexibility in event staffing and assisting others in various church-related ministries
· Maintain effective communication with other ministry staff to ensure that all worship services are executed to the standards of Fall Creek Church
· Assist in other activities as requested by the Senior Pastor, including visitation, weddings, and funerals.
This position is directly responsible to the Senior Pastor and the Personnel Committee in conformity with documented church policies and procedures.
Providing reasonable reports on ministry goals and progress as requested.
Maintaining expenditures within budget.
Being present for Staff Meetings absent approved Paid Time Off.
Involvement in all Sunday morning services absent approved Paid Time Off.
Reasonable office hours as agreed to by supervision and Personnel Committee.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1611
To apply for this job please visit justchurchjobs.com.