Website Ebenezer Baptist
“God is doing some great things here!”
The Student Pastor’s role exists as part of our staff team to develop, coordinate, and strategize an effective and expanding ministry to students and their families, mobilizing people for changing the world. The initial focus of this position will be in the middle/high school area. Secondary focus involves helping with volunteers to facilitate ministry in young adults, children, and preschool as needed.
The Ideal Candidate
Education and Experience
· 3+ years of experience in student ministry or other experience demonstrating ability to work with students
· Undergraduate degree required; Seminary degree is a plus
· Called by God to serve in student ministry
· Aligned with the doctrine of EBC
· Personally applies biblical standards of leadership and commitment
· A strong, demonstrated relationship with Jesus Christ
· Values family within the context of home and ministry demands
· A heart for youth, young adults and families
· Ability to enable community among families as part of our EBC church family
· Can work in a team atmosphere of ministry toward the vision of the Senior Pastor
· Can balance the serious nature of ministry and the fun part of serving together
· Can operate within the guidelines of EBC’s church governance
· Communicates the vision of the Senior Pastor and church with age groups/families
· Able to creatively teach the principles of Scripture for application to daily life
· Administration of available resources, including annual budget, volunteers, and facility
· Coordination of various ministries, including Sunday Life Groups, Upward, Wednesday programming, outreach, and camps
· Able to help bridge discipleship ministry between children, youth, and young adults through a comprehensive model
· Adaptable to the specific challenges of culture of central North Carolina
· Able to connect a rich church history and the passionate drive to reach the community
· Promote a safe environment for all ages to wrestle with their faith
Ebenezer Baptist Church is a doctrinally conservative church family located close to Hillsborough, Durham, RTP,… just a few hours from the beaches and mountains of scenic North Carolina. The church has a rich history and a vision for helping people FIND their place of belonging, BUILD their faith in God, and MAKE a difference in the world around them for the cause of Christ. Primary to our mission is reaching our community for Christ, utilizing our two campuses for worship, Bible study, sports ministry, and the best weekday preschool in the area. For a better portrait of the church, visit www.ebcconnect.org.
If you are interested in exploring the call to serve with EBC, we want to hear from you! You can help us learn more about you by responding to the questions below. Along with your resumé, submit your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
1. Give a brief description of your theology and how it aligns with the doctrine and practice of Ebenezer Baptist?
2. Because our primary mission is Gospel-centered, please answer the following using Scripture:
a. Who can be saved?
b. What do you believe is required in order for one to go to heaven?
c. What happens to those who die outside this requirement you have just described?
d. Can a person be assured of personal salvation?
3. What are the significant themes in Genesis, chapters 1-11 and why are they important?
4. Why is 1 Corinthians 12-14 important to the church?
Please share your salvation experience and call to ministry.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2078
To apply for this job please visit justchurchjobs.com.