Website Denbigh Christian Church
Denbigh Christian Church (DCC) in Newport News, Virginia is seeking an energetic and innovative individual to serve and oversee the growing ministry for middle school through college age.
Location: Denbigh (pronounced Den-Bee) is located in what is referred to as “Coastal Virginia”. It is midway between Virginia Beach and Williamsburg with easy access to a wide variety of shopping, housing, parks, arts/culture venues, museums and entertainment (refer to www.newport-news.org for more information on the City). With a focus on the local communities that surround the church, many of our youth are within walking distance, and for some, come from families that do not regularly attend a church. The youth outreach includes connecting with these families to build a relationship of trust with DCC and beyond.
Qualifications: We are looking for candidates who are:
· Passionate and engaging with a calling for reaching and mentoring students
· Willing and capable of taking a leadership role in youth ministry
· Excited about seeing youth (and themselves) grow closer in their walk with Christ
· Energetic and able to connect with Middle and High Schoolers
· Able to coach volunteer youth leaders
· Self-motived and organized
· Able to communicate the Gospel clearly
· Good at fostering and maintaining effective relationships with staff, students and student’s families
Responsibilities: Some responsibilities of the Youth Minister position include:
· Planning and executing weekly programming for Middle and High School students
· Helping volunteers understand and effectively communicate the weekly programming
· Encouraging students to become involved in church service
· Connecting with parents to help meet the needs of both students and parents in a relationship with Jesus
· Assisting the senior minister with other pastoral duties as needed
Education/Experience: A degree from a Christian college is highly desirable although directly related experience without such a degree will also be considered.
Salary: This is a full-time position. Pay is commensurate with qualifications and starting salary is expected to range from $40,000-$55,000.
Letters of interest and/or resumes should be sent to Matt Ferguson at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call or text Matt at (757) 810-8134 with any questions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com