We are a New Testament church looking for a Senior Minister called by God to faithfully serve along with the congregation of the Canton Christian Church located in Canton, Oklahoma. He is to join with the elders in shepherding, feeding, leading and nurturing the sheep. We are searching for an individual with the qualities found in I Timothy 3 and someone who is called to ministry in a small town community.
Canton Christian Church is a congregation of around 70 believers in Jesus located just under two hours from Oklahoma City in a rural community of about 600 people. We are active in our community as well as our partnerships with Prairie View Christian Church Camp, Ozark Christian College and Manhattan Christian College among others. We are a debt free congregation.
A degree from an accredited Bible College is preferred but not required and the ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of experience in the ministry. The candidate should hold fast to Biblical truths and be able to communicate those truths for the edification and equipping of the congregation.
Responsibilities under the Oversight and in Close Cooperation with the Elders
· Preaching Sunday morning worship and teaching an adult Sunday school class
· Participate in evangelism through preaching and giving invitations during worship services, visitations and other outreach efforts in the community
· Hospital visits and calling on church members
· Officiate at funerals and visiting grieving church members
· Officiate at weddings and providing premarital counseling
· Possibly lead Wednesday evening Jr high/Sr high youth program
· Work with the Elders in strategic planning, providing direction, and ministry programs
· Be involved in the local community and speak concerning the Word of God at every opportunity and maintain a positive relationship with area churches
· Passion for shepherding the saints and equipping them for ministry and influencing the community for Christ
· Have a love for God’s people and a desire to work towards church growth
· To work closely with the Church Elders and members of the Church Board
Interested individuals should send a resume, references, and an audio or video link of a sermon to the search committee at email@example.com or can be mailed to the Canton Christian Church, PO Box 637, Canton, OK 73724.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org