EARN UP TO $15,000 IN SCHOLARSHIPS
The Honors scholarship was designed to recognize students for their academic achievement, service in the church, Christ-like character, and commitment to fulfilling the mission of Dallas Christian College.
What’s our mission? Good question.
Dallas Christian College educates and mentors students to be people of influence, engaging in their calling to the work of Christ in the Church and in the world.
DCC desires to attract the best and brightest students who wish to prepare to be “workers for the harvest,” and we believe that substantial scholarships will help us to that end.
Each academic department may award honors scholarships ranging up to $15,000.
Recipients are expected to maintain good academic and social standing, a cumulative 2.5 GPA, to participate in community/church service, and to be involved in leadership roles in the department from which the scholarship was awarded.
The total scholarship awarded will include all forms of institutional aid. It does not include federal loans or grants or outside scholarships from churches and other organizations.
Any student receiving $7,500 or more in scholarship assistance must live on campus.
what we need from you
- A minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA to apply
- Obtain a reference from a pastor or youth leader of the church you are currently attending
- Prepare an essay on the selected topics
- Complete an interview in person or by live video with a DCC faculty member
- Commit to abide by DCC community standards and to participate as a campus leader in the area from which the scholarship is awarded
- Live on campus and take a minimum of 15 units per semester
(200-250 words on each of the following topics)
- In light of the DCC Mission Statement above, how do you believe you will benefit from and contribute to community life at DCC?
- In what ways have you served others in your school, church, and community?
- Share your career aspirations and how you intend to impact the world for Christ.
- Optional: Include any additional information you think may be relevant to the DCC Scholarship Committee.
Office of Admissions, 214-453-8155