Website Lighthouse Christ Presbyterian Church
FAMILY MINISTRY PURPOSE:
Our Family Ministry exists to CONNECT children, youth, and families in a community where they can learn to glorify God, GROW in their spiritual maturity, SERVE as Jesus did, and REACH the lost for Christ.
• Support the Vision and Mission of the church.
• Provide spiritual and practical discipleship to children, youth, and their family from nursery school through high school.
• Recruit and equip a core leadership team.
• Plan/implement weekly programs for children K-12.
• Plan and implement Sunday School for K-12.
• Conduct midweek discipleship and outreach opportunities.
• Engage in regular communication, building personal relationships with the children and youth, and encourage other adult leaders to do the same.
• Oversee the Sunday morning nursery staff.
• Provide communication information for church mailings and technology platforms, etc…
• Accomplish Family Ministry printed and electronic communication across various social platforms.
• Facilitates and conducts on-going communication with families regarding family care issues,sharing with the Pastor as appropriate.
• Organize and participate in weekend conferences and summer retreats, mission trips.
• Coordinate with larger church ministry and Worship Team.
• Coordinate VBS each summer with the support of the Director of Music and the Director of Contemporary Worship. This person is expected to encourage and equip youth to participate in leading VBS.
• Maintain continuous education and personal study in topics related to the position.
• Other functions as designated by the Pastor.
• Personal and growing relationship with Christ.
• Deep knowledge and recognition of Scripture as the authoritative Word of God.
• Ability to support the Pastor in the role of primary spiritual leader, vision caster and teacher of the church.
• Demonstrate a commitment and understanding of how the purpose, mission, and vision of the church drive the ministries and programs.
• Ability to work smoothly and effectively as part of a multi-person staff church.
• Work as part of a ministry team, with both volunteers and church staff.
• Ability to build, plan, administer, and direct the programs.
• Communicate effectively and professionally.
• Demonstrate strong competence in technology, including effectively utilizing platforms of digital communications and social media to enhance ministry.
• Ability to inspire others to serve and participate in family ministry.
• Teach and support the Christian education of our children and youth.
• Able to embody our mission of being a “Christ-Centered Family, Called to Witness, Serve and Love the World.”
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Experience working with families, youth, and children.
• Strong personal faith in Jesus Christ.
• Knowledge of the Bible, Christian theology and doctrine, and familiarity with PC(USA).
• Enthusiastic/energetic; strong organizational and management skills; able to supervise and train.
• Experience working with families, youth, and children in a church setting.
• Computer familiarity: Internet, E-mail, Microsoft Word, and Publisher
• Ability to use social media for communication and promotion.
• Ability to recruit, coordinate, encourage, and maintain volunteers.
• Willingness to support the Lighthouse Christ Presbyterian Church Child and Youth Protection/Safe Church Policy, including, but not limited to, training and background check.
• Possess a valid driver’s license; have reliable transportation with current insurance.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
• The ideal candidate should have a related college degree from an accredited college or university and/or at least 5 years of relevant experience on a church staff, as a teacher, or as a volunteer coordinator.
• Experience planning and maintaining a budget, and fiscally responsible.
• Supervisory and training experience is a plus.
• The ideal candidate will have strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
• Continuing education funds will be provided as deemed necessary by the YES (Youth, Education, and Spirituality) Team and Pastor through the YES budget.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2236
To apply for this job please visit justchurchjobs.com.