For Transfer Students - Admission Requirements
For Students Looking to Transfer to DCC
Traditional Program - Transfer Application Requirements
Applicants to DCC who qualify as transfer students have been out of high school at least
one full semester and have earned a minimum of 12 semester hours of transferable credit.
A complete application consists of the following items:
- A fully completed DCC Application for Admissions
- A non-refundable $30 application fee
- A 250-word essay
- The essay should describe your academic and spiritual goals and how you believe
DCC can help you achieve them.
- Official college transcript(s) from each institution attended or enrolled, with a stamp
and administrator's signature, which must arrive in a sealed envelope bearing the
Military transcript (if applicable)
Traditional Program - Transfer Admissions Criteria
Admissions criteria for transfer students include a minimum of 12 hours of transferable
credit. As a result, transcripts of grades and credits from all previous colleges and universities,
including military transcripts must be sent to the Office of Admissions. It is highly recommended
that transcripts be sent as early as possible for evaluation and classification to ensure entrance
into the desired courses.
Transfer student admissions criteria includes the following specifications:
- 12 transferable hours of previous college coursework with a cumulative GPA of 2.6 or
30 transferable hours of previous college coursework with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or
- Student must be in good financial and social standing with each college or university
previously and/or currently attending.
- An admissions essay indicating the student's goals are a good fit with the mission of
- Applicants with less than 12 transferable hours or with a cumulative GPA below the
required minimum of 2.6 must also observe the Freshman Admissions Requirements listed above.