Dallas Christian College offers a unique experience, combining scholastic excellence with core Christian values. DCC is an institution that will challenge you academically, encourage you spiritually, and promote Christ-like leadership skills that will prepare you to live a life of real influence.
Acceptance criteria are based on a student's academic history and character evaluation. We seek to enroll students who have a background of scholastic ability and spiritual mindedness.
The Office of Admissions uses a holistic process when evaluating an application for
admission. Each component to the application is carefully considered. Applicants who do not
meet some of the admissions criteria are encouraged to continue with the admissions process.
Adult students are encouraged to apply for the Quest or Online program. Please contact an
admissions representative if there is any question about the admissions process or eligibility for
For Students Seeking Admission into the Traditional/Daytime Program
Traditional Program - Freshman Admissions Criteria
High school students are encouraged to complete the application process as soon as
possible as scholarship opportunities and campus housing are limited. Once an applicant
submits all final official high school transcripts reflecting graduation status, the applicant is eligible
for unconditional acceptance. Applicants who submit official high school transcripts prior to
graduation may be eligible for conditional acceptance. After graduation a final official high school
transcript must be submitted.
Traditional freshman admissions criteria includes the following specifications:
- 2.5 overall high school grade point average on a 4.0 scale
- SAT or ACT - Minimum SAT Combined Critical Reading and Math Scores of 900 or
minimum ACT Composite Score of 19
- An admissions essay indicating the student's goals are a good fit with the mission of
- The following high school academic units are recommended for freshman admissions consideration:
English - 4 credits
Foreign Language - 2 credits
History/Social Studies - 3 credits
Mathematics - 3 credits
Science - 2 credits
Traditional Program - Freshman Application Requirements
Applicants to the traditional undergraduate program must have graduated from an
accredited secondary institution or satisfactorily completed the General Education Development
(GED) examination. Students educated at home are encouraged to apply and are subject to the
- A complete application consists of the following items:
- A fully completed DCC Application for Admissions
- A non-refundable $25 application fee
- A 250 word essay
- The essay should describe your academic and spiritual goals and how you believe DCC can help you achieve them.
- An official high school transcript with a stamp and administrator's signature, which must arrive in a sealed envelope bearing the school's logo
- Official scores of either the ACT or SAT (waived for applicants age 25 and over)
- AP, IB, or dual credit college transcript (if applicable)
For Students Seeking Admission into the Online Degree Program or the Adult/Evening Program
Dallas Christian College recognizes the benefits of multiple course delivery options.
Quest and Online programs offer courses in the evening and online formats to benefit the adult