An international student is a student that is not a United States citizen or a legal Resident Alien that studies within the United States (not online).
Prospective international students should request an International Student Application Packet from the Admissions office. This packet will outline how a prospective international student can become accepted to DCC and obtain an I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for F-1 [Student] Status). Prospective international students should read this packet carefully and be certain to complete all requirements listed therein. Incomplete requirements will not be accepted toward a student's admissions file.
An I-20 will be filled out and issued to the student for their admission into the U.S. only after all admissions materials have been submitted, the student has been fully accepted to the institution, and the student has paid a $2,000 deposit toward his/her balance. Should the student's plans to attend Dallas Christian College change, or if he/she is denied an F-1 visa, this deposit will be fully refunded upon the student's written request. All tuition and fees must be paid in full at the beginning of each semester.
Applicants must abide by the regulations of the
Immigration and Naturalization Service, in every aspect, or be subject to dismissal.
EARLY APPLICATION IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. All forms and admissions requirements must be completed 60 days prior to the beginning of the semester.
Prospective international students must complete the following admissions requirements in order to be considered for admittance to Dallas Christian College.
- International Application Form (including Application Essay)
- Application Fee ($30)
- Recommendation Form from a church leader or missionary*
- Recommendation Form from a teacher or employer*
- Recommendation letter from a church or Christian agency*
* All Recommendation letters must be in English
- Official transcripts of all educational credits you have received above the eighth grade level.
- All transcripts that are not in English or that do not correspond with DCC's educational credit system will be processed for translation. If this is necessary, the student will be advised and must pay a $75 Translation Fee prior to having the transcript(s) evaluated. Foreign Transcript Evaluations may take up to 12 weeks to process and must be completed prior to acceptance.
- ACT or SAT score (if you are transferring fewer than 12 hours of college credit). You can get information on these tests at www.act.org or www.sat.org.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of 80 or above and a minimum of 17 for each section (internet-based test), score of 550 or above (paper-based test), or score of 213 (computer-based test). Scores more than 2 years old will not be accepted. For TOEFL information go to www.ets.org.
- Financial Arrangement Agreement Form. See Section 3 of packet.
- Affidavit of Support from all financial supporters. See Section 3of packet.
- A picture of the student
- A Transfer of Eligibility form from the U.S. institution from which you are transferring (if applicable)
Mail the above items together to:
- Office of Admissions
Dallas Christian College
2700 Christian Parkway
Dallas, TX 75234-7299
Other items to consider as you prepare for study at Dallas Christian College:
- Housing Application (if you plan to live on campus)
- $150 Housing Deposit (non-refundable after July 1st for Fall or December 1st for Spring)
- DCC Financial Aid and Scholarship Application
- Declaration of Degree (often mailed with your acceptance letter)